A) Documents to be submitted to the Consular Office
Please, submit documents at least 30 days prior to the planned departure date
Documents can be submitted in person (Monday to Friday, 9 AM until 1 PM) or can be sent be courier to: Embassy of Argentina, Consular Section, 1811 Q street NW, Washington DC, 20009).
1. Two filled-in application forms: all questions must be answered APPLICATION FORM (.PDF)
2. Copy of valid Passport (passport must be valid for a period of at least 6 months from the date of departure). Original must be submitted the day of the interview.
3. 2 recent passport size photographs
4. Proof of your immigration status in the U.S.: (for non-US nationals) i.e. Alien Registration Card, Advance Parole Document, Employment Authorization Card, valid visa, valid forms IAP66, I-94/ I-20 (signed on the reverse by designated school official). Please provide a copy of the pertinent document.
5. Proof of funds: Provide evidence of the commercial activity of company sponsoring the applicant (verification letter from the Company’s bank showing account number and dates of operation or a letter from a Chamber of Commerce certifying the company membership, for example).
6. Hotel reservation in Argentina with the name of the visa applicant on it, guaranteed by a credit card (details must match flight ticket).
7. Itinerary: copy of the round trip flight reservation with the name of the visa applicant on it (guaranteed by a credit card).
8. Proof of current activity: Letter from your employer in the U.S. confirming the purpose and duration of your trip, full names, addresses and telephone numbers of all businesses and persons you will contact in Argentina, and whether your employer assumes moral and financial responsibility while you are in Argentina. If you own the business, please add a copy of your business’ official registration and last tax return including the check providing the corresponding payment.
The letter must be original, on company letter-head paper, signed by the person in charge, (other than the applicant), and that signature notarized by a notary public.
9. Letter of invitation from the host organization or company in Argentina inviting the applicant and stating the purpose of and lenght of trip, full name, addresses and telephone numbers of all businesses and persons you will contact in Argentina. The letter must be written in Spanish, on organization/company letter-head paper, duly signed by the person in charge and certified by an Argentine Notary Public (“Escribano”) and then by the "Colegio de Escribanos".
Important: The company (and the signature of the person signing the letter) must be registered at "Registro Nacional Unico de Requirentes de Extranjeros" (RENURE) of the "Dirección Nacional de Migraciones" (Immigration Authority). The RENURE registration number of the company should be stated in the letter.
Information on how to register in RENURE can be obtained by calling the following telephone numbers: (11) 4317 - 0200 / 0303 / 0263.
B) Interview: When all these documents are received by the Consular Office, an interview will be scheduled.
In accordance with the relevant law of the Argentine Republic and the international practice, the Consul is entitled to deny the visa.
C) Fee: Once the visa is approved, a US$ 200 fee will be charged. Fee shall be paid by money order. No cash or checks are accepted.
D) Visa will be issued upon presentation of the money order.